All about me

This is a blog that is about everything and anything under the sun!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Taximan's story

1) What is the main irony in the story?
The taximan thinks that the teenagers this days are verytroublesome, but yet this teenagers are actually his main source of income.

2)What are the themes raised in the story?
Rebelliousness. The teenagers trick their parents and say that they have something on in school but actually they go out to have fun while their parents are kept in the dark.

3)How realistic is the story?
It is very realistic as nowadays, many teenagers do fool their parents just to have fun. (I know some people who do this)

4)What do you think of the taximan? Do you feel sympathy for him?
I do feel a little sympathy for him. Though he does not like the teenagers' behaviour, he wants the money they bring him. I do not think that he is that wrong in doing this as he has a big family of 10, including himself and he needs enough money to feed his family. He is also quite right in the sense that he beat his daughter because he found that she told a lie. She told him that she wanted to stay in school for coaching in Math but actually, she came out to have fun. If the taximan did not beat her, then his daughter would never learn her mistakes and there would be more lies.

5)Do you agree with his lamenting?
I cannot really say that I agree. Not all teenagers are as the taximan describes but only a small minority. Some teenagers are quite hardworking.

6)What about the other characters in the story? Do you feel sympathy for them?
I feel sympathy for Lay Choo. Though she did wrongly by telling lies, he father still should not have beat her so much and locked her up. That is very harsh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home