First Term is over
Camp is finally over! Camp fire's burning out, camp fire has burned out! Camp fire's burning out, camp fire has burned out! CAMP FIRE HAS FINALLY BURNED OUT! Woohoo!!!
The 3 days 2 nights camp was very enjoyable and I sincerely enjoyed it. I only started feeling homesick on the very last day of the camp. I am sure that some of you, my friends had felt the same way too.
The first thing that I did after we were back in 'school sweet school', was to meet up with some of my Aphelion friends and head to the table tennis tables for a refreshing game. The three days camp seriously drained me of all my skill in the game. The soaking wet attire that I was in and the missing sock on my right leg did nothing to help me!
I finally dragged my body, camp bag, haversack and bag of soaking wet shoes home. After 1 hr and 30 min, I finally reached home, drained of all my physical energy that I had spent lifting my bags home. The first thing I did immediately after my bath was to turn the X-Box 360 on and start a 1 hr 30 min game on it.(The time on my journey home and playing on the X-box was the same).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CAMP AND DETAILS:
DAY 1
Lunch: 1330 - 1430
Lunch was superb. In terms of camping quality, I would give 3.5 stars over five! Great food!
Fun Fitness Games & Team Building: 1430-1800
I have forgotten what happened or what events it was but remember that it was fun.
Rafting: 1800-1900
This was the most fun part of the camp! A very sincere apology to Xian Da. Sorry for you not being able to have an opportunity to raft like I did. Anyway, me, Davis and Zheng Jie were operating on the raft. Very sorry to them as at one point, I found out that I was actually rowing the oars in the wrong direction and was in fact reversing rather that moving forward.
Dinner: 1935- 2010
Same as lunch, but 4 stars out of 5.
Supper: 2315-2345
Supper totally ROCKS! The milo entirely owns. Though I only had one cup of it, I can say that it was one of the best. (except for my own home one) Me and Xian Da were the last to leave the canteen after sipping the milo to the very end. 4.5 stars!
Lights out: 2355
Finally, after a long day we finally were allowed to collapse into our beds and sleep.
DAY 2
Breakfast: 0700- 0745
As usual, 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.
Sarimbun Challenge: 0830-1300
The Sarimbun Challenge comprises of building our very own catapult, forest hiking and also another activity that I have no idea what, as we did not have any time to do. The catapult which was actually was suppose to be completed in an hour was actually completed in 2 hours. After 2 hours of slogging, we finally managed to fling a waterbomb one cm forward before it dropped and our whole giant catapult collapsed. That was really funny.
Lunch: 1300-1400
As usual, 4 stars out of 5
Dinner: 1930-2030
As usual, 4 stars out of 5
Campfire: 2030-2230
The campfire was very fun! After the cheers that we did (which was entirely embarrasing, due to the fact that the whole group forgot the lyrics more than once), Mr Tan Chee Wee was called upon to extinguish the campfire.
Supper: 2230-2330
Hot Milo!!! 4.5 stars out of 5. It owns!!!
DAY 3
Farewell & Journey back to school: 1145-1230
The farewell was rather sad. We would never have a chance to attend the camp again unless the school organises one again. But, nevertheless, all good things must come to a close. On the way out of the camp, me and Bryce were saying farewell to the trees of Sarimbun too.
Friends that I have bonded closer with: (by register order)
Adriel Kek (11)
Leong Qi Dong (14)
Ng Wei Ron (16)
Ning Jun Miang Bryce (19)
Matthew Siew (22)
Wen Xian Da (26)
Some reflections I did for this entire first term!
It takes two hands to clap.
Philmann would stop irritating us once we start ignoring him and do nothing to provoke him. I notice that more than once, Philmann did nothing to provoke anyone but people make fun of him almost any time he opens his mouth. Many a time, I admit that I myself had insulted him so, but never have I really insulted him that badly that some of my classmates have done.
I think that people play the 'Provoke Philmann' game is purely out of fun. But they never take it seriously and take it at face value. They do not know that their actions are actually hurting him. Many people think that Philmann is just a piece of dirt with no feelings. I beg to differ. Philmann is also a human being. If anybody every calls Philmann a piece of dirt, then he himself is also a piece of dirt. This game has become so overboard that it just takes one person to start playing it, and everyone would start following suit. It is time someone puts this to a stop!
Friendship is very important.
Over the past term, I have made many new friends from all the consortiums. Good friends are very important. Friends who only expect people to treat them and give them money are NOT loyal friends. Loyal friends are those who stick to you in times of trouble and help you out with your difficulties.
I guess that I can say that I have made a few loyal friends. Sad to say, a few of them are not under the category of 'loyal', but just 'schoolmates'. I myself am working towards a loyal friend and I think that I am going to achieve it soon.
Procrastination is always regretted.
Over the past term, I have procrastinated far too much. Now, the result of my procrastination has finally caught up with me. My term 1 result was not very much up to my expectation except for my Chinese which I attained a good grade for. The utmost diasappointment came from my English results. I know that I am the only one to be blamed for the results.
Throughout the whole of term 1, I have procrastinated far too much and enjoyed too much. Right now, honeymoon's over and I have to start to strive towards my goals.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home