My first semester as a secondary school student
First semester in Hwa Chong 1I1 is finally over! I have enjoyed and yet again not enjoyed my stay.
Let's first start with the background of the school. Some interesting things that I have noticed of the school. Hwa Chong Institution is the biggest school in the whole of Southeast Asia, as quoted from the senior who took me on the tour of Hwa Chong on the Open House day. There are many additional pointers of Hwa Chong that I have noticed.
-Much trees
-Additional buildings in the school (not seen in primary school)
My favourite part of the school is the cardio-room, place that struck me the most, the second that I entered. There is aircon in the cardio-room and many interesting equipments.
Okay, now lets face the facts. There had been good things that happened, ranging from the first moment I stepped into Hwa Chong institution to the number of good friends I have, and I can readily name some.
For example, the moment I stepped into Hwa Chong, I felt blissful, as if I was sleeping on a fully coated leather bed ; it was pure bliss. Later on in the class, I made friends with my classmates.
Then, in early March, I started my new CCA, Wushu. Though the training was tough and tedious, I enjoyed it thoroughly, and slowly, I felt that my stamina had increased by leaps and bounds! The only bad think is that I reach home at approximately 9 on Tuesdays and Fridays, and have not enough time to do any revision at all.
There were many CIP activities. My favourite one was the Newspaper Collection drive at Taman Jurong neighbourhoods. The collection drive was fun as I had more time to bond closer with my friends that were with me. The nicest part of it was the purchasing of the ............... pancake. Yes! Come on, the beautiful, creamy chicken floss on the crispy, delicious pancake. Plus the ham, the ham that was added on top of it.
The problem was that as soon as I started to know about the true nature of 1I1, I never enjoyed my stay in it any longer. There were three annoying people in class, Darren Ho, Philmann Neo and Nigel Ng. They were constantly quarelling with one another. They even had fights with each other, causing the whole class to get into trouble after their fights. There would be investigations that would take place, wanting eye witnesses, taking statements and many scoldings and punishment would before.
Also, the class did not have a conducive environment for studying. There were too many quarrels, at least once a day. By the time the teacher finished scolding us, about 15 minutes would have flew by. That then led us to be the "lousiest class in Ispark Sec 1". (As quoted from Mr Tan Chee Wee).
Next term, I am going to :
- Be more attentive
- Participate more in class
- Put in more effort in homework
- Don't do last minute revision
- Sudy, Study, Study!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home